PAT-R strives to benefit its members and public education by offering participation in or support for:
- national legislation and activities designed to maintain, guarantee and enhance national retirement programs, e.g., Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid;
- state legislation and activities for the benefit of retirees, e.g., Public Employees Retirement System and Oregon Public Employees Retirement System Association;
- activities and legislation that support children, public education and educators, and social justice--local, state, and national;
- activities and social programs that contribute to the enjoyment of living and participating with others; and
- activities related to objectives of the national organization, NEA-R, and the state organization, OEA-Retired.
Portland Association of Teachers (PAT)